Friday, November 11, 2011

Veterans Day 11-11-11



"I dream of giving birth to a child who will ask, "Mother, what was war?"  ~Eve Merriam

Thank you for serving then and now. To all that have served. To all that gave their all. To those that are serving now. Freedom is won by the sacrifices and giving of so many brave men, woman, and animals known as War Dogs.

You may hate war but never dishonor yourself by hating the soldier. Our gratitude lives within us each day of our life not just today.



Lyrics:
There is still a land where freedom rings
In hearts of people young and old.
Life and liberty and happiness
Protected by the strong and bold.

Through the years you have looked over us,
To keep our golden land secure.
Gave your lives for such a worthy cause,
Let freedom ring forevermore!

CHORUS
This is still the land of the free
Because you gave so unselfishly.
Your sacrifice means all to me,
‘Cause this is still the land of the free.

The flame still burns inside of each of us
Our hearts beat red, white and blue.
We will carry on the torch of hope,
A beacon proudly shining through.

When I see the stars and stripes unfurled,
The torch of Lady Liberty,
I am thankful for America,
And those who keep her safe for me!
CHORUS



"And I'm proud to be an American,
where at least I know I'm free.
And I won't forget the men who died,
who gave that right to me."
Lee Greenwood

History of Veterans Day
http://www.va.gov/opa/vetsday/vetdayhistory.asp


Too many military war dogs are euthanized after they are retired from active duty. Help stop this practice. Go to http://www.save-a-vet.org


"Lord, bid war's trumpet cease;
Fold the whole earth in peace."
~Oliver Wendell Holmes
 
 
THANK YOU
Elaine
 


No comments: