Sunday, December 11, 2011

Remember Those That Won't

Please remember those that won't and/or can't be home for Christmas.



Up until about the age of 22 I spent every holiday at my grandparent's house. Had wonderful times and great memories. Christmas holds many special memories for me.

We would arrive at my grandparent's house on Christmas Eve. In our family we always shared and opened presents on this night. It was special to me because I got to help my Grandmother decorate the Christmas tree. It was a proud time for me to be able to take a pine tree or whatever type happened to get cut down by my Grandfather and decorate it into a Christmas tree. Of course, Grandmother had to tell me where to put the balls and other stuff.

Christmas is a special time for many. It is a time to be with family and friends to give gifts and to share time with. To laugh and reminiscence about earlier years. To get caught up on what is going on in our life now. It is a time to be with those we love and that are close to our hearts.

But for some this isn't possible. It may be because they are a soldier and stationed far away. It may even be because there is not enough money to travel this year. Sickness could be keeping them from being with loved ones.

Whatever the reason, please remember those that will not be home for Christmas.

If you would like to listen to some beautiful Christmas music be sure to check out this site:
http://heavens-gates.com/50schristmas/

My Christmas wish and prayer for you is that you will be home for Christmas...

Elaine

Will you be home for Christmas? I would like to know what your wish is for this Christmas so please leave a comment below.

No comments: